The i2Insights blog currently has three productive long-term partnerships. They are with:
The blog started as a partnership with the National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center (SESYNC) from 2015-2018.
There are also current and past short-term partnerships, linking with conferences, projects and books.
We welcome other short- and long-term partnerships and would be delighted to discuss other partnership possibilities.
The partnership with the PopulationHealthXchange started in October 2018. PopulationHealthXchange is hosted by the Research School of Population Health at The Australian National University and aims to “steward and deliver novel, enhanced and integrated capabilities that bring about population health impact and societal transformation, tackling entrenched health inequities and emerging health threats.”
The i2Insights blog publishes contributions from members of PopulationHealthXchange that provide concepts and methods in the following core areas of the PopulationHealthXchange:
- frameworks and theories for research implementation and policy and practice change
- methods of engagement and partnership
- methods and approaches for inter-culturality research
- interdisciplinarity and integration of evidence across disciplines
- decision support tools, modelling and visualisation
- implementation and improvement research
- managing uncertainty and avoiding negative unintended consequences.
To see all blog posts from the partnership with PopulationHealthXchange:
Starting in 2016, contributors to the journal Evidence and Policy, who have written papers with particular salience for the i2Insights blog, are also regularly invited to further the reach of their work through a blog post about their paper. Evidence and Policy makes these papers free-to-access for a month after the blog post is published, unless the paper is already open access.
To see all blog posts from the partnership with the journal Evidence and Policy:
Similarly, starting in 2017, contributors to the journal GAIA, who have written papers with particular salience for the i2Insights blog, are also regularly invited to further the reach of their work through a blog post about their paper. GAIA makes these papers free-to-access for a month after the blog post is published, unless the paper is already open access.
To see all blog posts from the partnership with the journal GAIA: https://i2insights.org/tag/partner-gaia-journal/
The foundation partnership for the blog was with SESYNC, the US National Science Foundation-funded National Socio-Environmental Synthesis Center at the University of Maryland, located in Annapolis, Maryland, USA.
The blog was a core activity of the SESYNC theme Building resources for complex, action-oriented team science. The theme was home to the three pursuits listed below and their activities are showcased in a number of blog posts. Blog posts have also been contributed by participants in other SESYNC pursuits and activities.
The three pursuits in the SESYNC theme Building resources for complex, action-oriented team science were:
Current and past short-term partnerships are reflected in:
- a series of blog posts in 2016 and 2017 from chapters in the book Transdisciplinary Research and Practice for Sustainability Outcomes edited by D. Fam, J. Palmer, C. Riedy and C. Mitchell, published in 2016 by Routledge: London, United Kingdom.
- occasional blog posts from the research project “The Collaboration Lab” funded by the New Zealand Our Land and Water National Science Challenge published in 2016 and 2017.
- a series of blog posts from the International Transdisciplinarity Conference 2017, starting in 2017 and continuing in 2018.
- a series of blog posts in 2018 from chapters in the book Transdisciplinary theory, practice and education: The art of collaborative research and collective learning edited by D. Fam, L. Neuhauser, and P. Gibbs, published in 2018 by Springer International Publishing.